Hugh Jackman – Wolverine

Okay… so here is an extra post that I decided to throw in. This was done quite a bit back. It was a commissioned piece of just the portrait. It was my actual first portrait but it was extremely fun and I probably learned the most from this sculpt.
This took me about a month to do. Spent an average of 3 hours per day on this thing. I felt I did a good job on the portrait. This was my first sculpt where I took dozens and dozens of pictures to use as reference. I even took screen stills of DVD’s which I felt were the most helpful… just cuz I was able to capture certain poses and expressions that I felt would be necessary for this sculpt. It was really a fun process… and a process that I try to do now in all my sculpts now.
I was given a resin copy of a head from an existing statue which I molded and casted in wax. I then went to work from there.
Here are some Work in progress shots. Sorry if the pic gets cut off… I don’t know how to expand the pic.
Just added some clay after a working a bit further on to see what he would look like with hair:
Much further along:
Once I felt that I got a good final portrait of Hugh… I made a mold and casted him in resin and started work on the hair.
I did this based on Andy Bergholtz tutorial. I had never really sculpted hair in wax… and this was the first time so I just tried to follow what he did. The hair was tough as well and took a bit of time to do. After becoming more familiar with wax… and hair (a great tutorial was posted by Andy and his process in sculpting hair – Go check it out!!) I am going to rework that hair!
Here are the final pics:
Hope everyone enjoyed!

Man At Arms – Left Leg Part 5

Hey all!
Sorry for being a little MIA… it has been a rough start to the new year but slowly figuring things out. I also had a couple of things going on as well so I haven’t been able to provide updates.
But I did manage to post some updates on this leg. It’s not completely done yet… but majority of it is finished. The parts that are not done are the ones where there is another part that it’s connected to. I have to ensure that everything fits properly so I don’t want to finalize anything yet.
The time consuming aspect of this body part was believe it or not… was the boot. The fur as well as the straps that surround the boot took a long long time. The belt was extremely fun to do. I probably should have used Styrene strips to wrap around the belt… but instead I used wax…which took a quite a bit longer.
But this is it. It’s the combination of the parts that I have almost completely finished. I’m moving on to the other missing arm and hand next. I just want to start on the chest armor already! : )